St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota September 2015 – May 2019
Bachelors of Science.
Fashion Merchandising and Apparel Design Degree
Business Administration minor and Studio Art minor
Dean’s Scholarship - 2015-2019
Judith Gorman Krieger Scholarship - 2018-2019
Clothier Design Source - Design Manager Assistant June 2019 - Ongoing
St. Paul, MN
· Works closely with Design managers and assisting them in tasks such as: attending kick offs, taking notes during design sessions, meetings, proofing, pass offs and entering in notes.
· Communicates with several brands and assist design managers on overseeing their product development.
· Communicates with internal staff such as prototyping, production and sales team.
· Creating swatch cards for brands.
· Creating build of materials in their tech pack for prototyping and production team.
St. Kate’s Fashion Association – Co-President May 2018 – May 2019
St Catherine University, St. Paul, MN
· Leads the weekly meetings and discussion.
· Communicates, gives out tasks and action items to board members.
· Coordinates various events for the Fashion Department such as fundraising, socializing events,
and professional developments.
· Plans and runs our yearly Katwalk Fashion Show at the end of the year to showcase fashion students' work.
· Communicates with directors, professional leaders, artists among the St Catherine University staff and community.
Business Attire Intern September 2018 – December 2018
Dress for Success, St. Paul, MN.
· Worked with Client Coordinator and Program Manager to ensure goals of Business Attire Program are met.
· Ran the front desk: directing phone calls, scheduling client appointments and referral agencies.
· Organized donations to be arranged into the boutique.
· Maintained and merchandised the boutique.
· Styled clients for business wear.
· Organized and merchandised boutique for the annual sale.
Summer Sewing Instructor July 2017 – August 2018
Youth Enrichment League, Carson, MN
· Lead a group of students from grades 4th-8th grade on how to sew certain sewing projects.
· Teach at various school locations around the Twin Cities area.
· Ensured students’ safety.
· Informed students about the different types of seams and stitches when hand sewing or machine sewing
St. Kate’s Fashion Association - Junior Design Representative September 2017 – May 2018
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, MN
· Informed junior apparel design students in the department about any information about the fashion show.
· Coordinated various events for the Fashion Department such as fundraising, socializing events,
clothing swaps, professional development opportunities.
Innovation Lab & Sewing Intern September 2017 – May 2018
St Paul Public Central Library & Rondo Library, St Paul, MN
· Lead and helped assist with sewing classes and mending classes every Tuesdays
· Assisted any lab members with laser cutting/printing tools, 3D printer, sewing, crafts and adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Organized sewing patterns and fabrics for the Library
Hmong Cultural Language Program - Student Leader June 2017
Concordia University, St Paul, MN
· Lead a group of students of preschool/kindergartens and brought them to their classes and certain events held at the camp.
· Ensured students’ safety and took attendance every hour
· Assisted any instructors in need and help in teaching subjects like art, literacy, music, dance.
Gymnastics instructor/Birthday Host December 2016 – October 2017
Perpetual Motion Children’s Sports Center, Woodbury, MN
· Coached recreational levels and preschool levels- Beginners and Advanced beginners
· Ensured students’ safety
· Created and ran activities and games for Gymnastics Birthdays.
Small Business Design Intern January 2017 – May 2017
Winsome Goods Flagship Store, Minneapolis, MN
· Organized samples, inventory, tags, garments, and retail store.
· Attended weekly meetings that focuses on themes such as, business, pricing, pattern making, sampling, branding
· Trend researched for upcoming styles- add them into photoshop/ illustrator
· Sewed sample garments and fixed any finishing touches on a garment
· Assisted with patternmaking and adjusting patterns for their Spring collection.
· Assisted with sourcing and shopping for new fabrics
Designer| Katwalk Fashion Show 2019| May 4, 2019
Designer| Center of Hmong Art’s and Talent’s 20th Gala event| December 2, 2018
Designer| HMSA Heritage Day-Fashion Show| November 16 & 17, 2018
Designer| Fresh Tradition Fashion Show Season 12| September 29, 2018
Designer/Assistant| Katwalk Fashion Show| St. Catherine University| May 5, 2018
Designer| Sisterhood Boutique Fashion Show | Augsburg University| March 20, 2018
Designer| Asian New Year| Park Center High School| January 27, 2018
Designer| Hmong New Year| Tartan High School| December 8, 2017
Designer| HMSA Heritage Day-Fashion Show| University of Minnesota| November 17 &18 2017
Designer| Asian Women Association - Celebrasia Fashion Show| St Catherine University | November 11, 2017
Designer/Model/Assistant| St Catherine University| Katwalk Fashion Show| May 18, 2017
Kohl’s Career Sophomore Expo| Menomonie Falls, WI| April 11 & 12, 2017
Designer| University of Minnesota| VSAM Tet Fashion Show| February 18, 2017
Designer| HMSA Heritage Day-Fashion Show| University of Minnesota| November 11 & 12, 2016
Volunteer and Professional Development Activities
Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Trend Researching, Sewing and Apparel Construction, Pattern Making, Draping, Leadership, Communications, Fashion sketching, Technical Flats, Project Management,
Apparel Construction and Analysis, Art & Technology, Textiles, Non-Store Retailing, Technical Garment Analysis, Fashion Illustration, Patternmaking, Advanced Construction, Visual Merchandising, Draping and Creative Exploration, Retail Math, Aesthetics and Trend researching, Apparel Design Seminar